Thursday 20 June 2019

Cross country

On Friday we went to Mr Morrison's farm were we could do cross country.  The farm was not that far away from our school our safety rule were the youngest on the inside of the side walk. This year we started the race in a different area. We went because we were doing cross country to practise for any other stages in our life when we are older. There were heaps of people there to cheer us on during the whole entire race. I felt nervous and wondering if I was going to beat my time.  When everyone went in their race we had to go down and turn the corner and then run down a big paddock that is long.  After we had to go to a muddy sludge area and go across a bridge. Then we went over a muddy stream and climb up a big hill . Next I ran straight and turned and went down a big hill I could now see the finish line and then I run through as the crowd is clapping .

First we had the year 1, 2 and 3 do 1 lap.  After was the Year 5 and 6's  they did 2 laps and last but not lest were  the Year 4 who did 2 laps as well.

When we got back to school we got changed back into our school clothes so then we weren't cold and freezing.

When I finished I was so relieved and proud because I did my very best and I beat my time yay.

What did you fell like when you did your cross country?

1 comment:

  1. Good writing Xanthe. It was nice to read how your cross country went since I couldn’t be there. Good picture too! Well done Xanthe😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.