Friday 3 July 2020

Learning about some Science


 I thought the powder would turn in to Crystals or slime. I had to pour water with Jack T into the powder and every time it kept on getting bigger and bigger and the Teacher put in Sodium (salt) and it dissolved it back into water . I observed it growing bigger than it started of from a tiny bit of powder. I had learnt that Science is really cool and I want to do more studies on Science. I was blown away from what I was watching when it was getting bigger JackT and I managed to get 37 scoops of water in and then it started to overflow.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Xanthe,
    Wow, it sounds like you had a very exciting and interesting science lesson!
    It is so great to hear how you enjoyed learning about science, and I am glad to hear how you would like to do some more studies on this subject!
    You mentioned at the very beginning of your blogpost about a powder that you used in your experiment.
    What was this powder called?
    You also mentioned how you thought the powder would turn into either crystals or slime.
    Why did you think this was going to happen?
    37 scoops of water definitely is a lot, and it is amazing to hear how the small amount of powder was able to absorb such a large amount of water!
    What was the texture of the mixture like once the water was added?
    Did the mixture have a particular smell?
    How much salt did you need to add to dissolve it back to water?
    It would be awesome if you could reply to this comment and let me know!
    Science experiments definitely are a lot of fun, and there are so many simple and easy experiments out there that you could try at home if you wanted! Here is a super simple experiment you could try at home using only a dry erase marker, glass bowl and some water!
    Keep blogging!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.